News from November 7th, 2019 through November 20th, 2019
Folks, sorry for the delay on the release of this episode. We’re getting into the holiday season here in the United States, and we’ve had to do some traveling.
This episode caps off at November 20th. Episode 13th will be recorded soon, and will fill in the gaps (slightly extended as well), so stay tuned!
- .NET Framework November 2019 Preview of Quality Rollup
- .NET Framework November 13, 2019, Update for .NET Framework 4.8
- .NET Framework Repair Tool
- Visual Studio 2019 version 16.3.9
- Visual Studio 2019 version 16.4 Preview 5
- .NET Core November 2019 Updates – 2.1.14, 2.2.8, and 3.0.1
- Announcing .NET Core 3.1 Preview 3
- ASP.NET Core updates in .NET Core 3.1 Preview 3
- Improvements in .NET Core 3.0 for troubleshooting and monitoring distributed apps
- Re-imagining collaboration for Visual Studio with Live Share app casting and contacts
- Visual Studio for Mac: Take Control of Your IDE with Keybindings
- MSDN Backlog
- ML.NET Model Builder Updates
- gRPC vs HTTP APIs
- Building Modern Cloud Applications using Pulumi and .NET Core
AROUND THE WORLD
- Meet WebWindow, a cross-platform webview library for .NET Core
- Exploring lighter alternatives to Electron for hosting a Blazor desktop app
- Using foreach with index in C# - Thomas Levesque’s .NET blog
- IHostingEnvironment vs IHostEnvironment - obsolete types in .NET Core 3.0
- Edge for ARM
- Stir Scholarship
- Mirantis acquires Docker Enterprise
- Announcing PostSharp 6.4 RC: Support for .NET Core 3.0
PROJECT OF THE WEEK
Uno Platform Uno platform is for building native mobile, desktop, and WebAssembly apps with C# and XAML from a single codebase. Open source and professionally supported.
CodeQL Discover vulnerabilities across a codebase with CodeQL, our industry-leading semantic code analysis engine. CodeQL lets you query code as though it were data. Write a query to find all variants of a vulnerability, eradicating it forever. Then share your query to help others do the same.
CodeQL is free for research and open source.